Everyday, everyone has something in common. We are all getting older…minute-by-minute, day-by-day, year-by-year! In addition to getting older, you’re getting wiser. If you are one of the lucky ones to score six decades under your belt, then you should score some of these great discounts that start when you begin your 62nd year on earth!
Turning 62 traditionally has been the signal it’s time to retire and begin to slow down. Somehow someway many baby boomers didn’t receive the message to slow down.
If you enjoy traveling and have free time on your hands at the age of 62, you’ll want to look into scoring these discounts. You do not have to sign up for AARP to take advantage. The following are six great travel / vacation offers that kick in after you turn 62.
CONSUMER TIP: Some limitations apply to these senior discounts, so be sure to check their websites for more information pertaining to the discounts prior to planning your next traveling expedition.
- AMTRAK: Score this price break with Amtrak. Score this 10% off discount on the lowest available fare on most of Amtrak’s trains if you are 65 years old.
- GREYHOUND: If you travel by road, Greyhound has a deal for you. Passengers who are 62 or older can net a small discount — 5% off discount on Greyhound fares. You’ll need to show proof of your age when booking your trip, and when asked at a Greyhound station. In addition, this discount can’t be combined with any other discounts. Contact them for confirmation on this.
- MARRIOTT: Looking to book a hotel reservation? Travelers who are 62 or older can save up to 25% off when reserving a room. Marriott have over 4,000 hotel locations across the globe. Even better, the offer is available every single day of the week!
- HOLIDAY INN: Holiday Inn hotels in the U.S. and Canada also offer a senior discount to travelers age 62 and older. However, the they does not specify the size of the price break on its website. Discounts on the non-discounted room rate at any participating hotel in the U.S. and Canada will be available to guests who are 62 years of age or older or with valid membership ID of a retired persons organization. Call your preferred location for details.
- CROWNE PLAZA: Crowne Plaza also offers a senior discount to anyone who has turned 62. Crowne Plaza also does not specify the size of the price break on its website. Just present a valid ID for membership in a retired persons organization to any participating Crowne Plaza hotel.
- NATIONAL PARKS: So many people dream of traveling the country in retirement. The National Park Service helps turn such fantasies into reality by offering a $80 lifetime pass to the parks for all citizens and permanent residents who have turned 62. The pass also qualifies you for a 50 percent discount on some amenity fees associated with the parks.